Sunday, January 19, 2014

Update on my oldest - Bentley.

My oldest son will be 23 in a couple of months.  He joined the US Army and went to boot camp in Oct 2009 after graduating from high school.  His MOS is that he flies DRONES.  I remember when he brought the recruiter to our home & he was telling me about it.  I asked about playing the trumpet for the Army (since he's so naturally gifted) and the recruiter looked at me and said, "Why would he want to go through boot camp just to do the same thing he's doing now?"  Uhhh.....because it's SAFE and would make this mother happy!  But he flies drones, and LOVES it!

He has been to Afghanistan for one tour already, and funny thing is, people used to ask me all the time if I was worried about him and I would be like "nope" because with his job, he is far away from the action and safe.  Just like how I would like it to be.

He already re-enlisted for another 4-5 years and recently became married a couple of months ago.  He's already expanding his family with a dog.  He has gone from an E-1 from when he went in, to an E-5 NCO (non-commissioned officer) in right at four years!  I'd say the Army is good for him.  :)
I just wish he wasn't stationed so far away.....


This is a picture of him the day he re-enlisted.  Isn't he handsome?!?

No comments: