Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh no! Silk tie...?

Yesterday morning, Noni was in desparate need of a belt, as we could not find her (one belt that she owns), and not all of her jeans stay up very well. I was behind on laundry - thus her needing to wear jeans to school.



So mommy had a great idea. Let's take an old tie of daddy's that he NEVER wears, and cut it down to size and just use that. Sounds good, right? Especially since he has so many ties that he had inherited from his dad (like from the 60's) that are not being put to any good use. I went and searched through the ties, and grabbed one that I have YET to see him wear. I figured that if in our [almost] 7 years of marriage, he has not worn it, he probably never will.


HACK!


SNIP!


CUT!








See.......? That was easy.

When daddy came home, Noni runs to him & tells him all about how fun it was to cut one of his ties for her to wear to school.

"Mommy cut one of my ties?"

"Yep. Wanna see daddy?"


A few moments later, daddy comes in to me, with his "tie" in hand and asked me............ "honey, why did you cut this?"

"Noni needed a belt."

"Yeah, but......... this was a SILK tie.

A very special silk tie.

A very special silk tie from England.

A very special silk tie from England that my uncle David (now deceased) had given me."



GULP.



"I didn't know. I had never seen you wear it before, and figured that it was one of your dad's that you'd probably never wear............"


"Did you not happen to see what kind of tie it was and where it was from?"








Ohhhh.......I suppose he meant that really big tag on the back of the tie that I just sort of ignored didn't see in my haste of getting her ready for school.

Nope. Didn't see it at all.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

OMG!! I laughed so hard I cryed - then I cryed so hard for you I laughed!!!!

Betsy Hart said...

Ooops... hope he wasn't too mad... :(

Katie said...

Oh dear! Bad news indeed...