He was about 10yrs old when his grandma bought him his first one, and he has been self taught ever since. I caught him goofing around one day "just making something up" he said. It amazes me that he can 'just do that' like that. He is so talented. Just one of the things that really endears him to me even more.
My dad always used to play guitar for us kids (all 8 of us), but I think that I enjoyed it the most! {Why wouldn't I, being daddy's little girl and all.}
That got me to thinking......
Does a person usually end up marrying someone that reminds them of their parent - or at least have qualities/characteristics of that person? Why are they drawn to that particular person? Is it because there are similarities, that it is a comfort thing for them? A familiarity? Remembering how it was when they were younger, and the warm, fuzzy feelings it promotes?
I've often wondered about that, especially now, being a mother of teens. Bentley seems to be drawn to the same type of girl over and over. A petite girl that usually comes up to about his shoulder, blonde hair, blue eyes. This is a picture of his first girlfriend when they were 16.

I would like to think that it's because *I* have always been a [natural] blonde

for pretty much my whole life, and can't forget petite (yeah...in my dreams), that that "could be" a reason why he is attracted to that type. Is it because that is what he "knows"? Does it bring him a deep-seated, unconscientious comfort?
Or even maybe (in my
1 comment:
Awwwwwwwww. This is so sweet : ). I think we do look for people that are like our parents. Subconsciously of course, because God forbid, we ever end up with someone like our parents! (At least that's what most people think when they are in their early 20's right?
Post a Comment