'
Today was a mixed day. Started out just awful.....but ended up in retrospect to be a treasure.
When I went to pick up my two toddlers from day school around noon time, I had walked out to my Jeep to a HUGE puddle of rusty brown looking water underneath it. I immediately called the guy that fixes our vehicles, and he said that it sounded like a busted water pump, and to get it to his place tomorrow morning. But in the meantime, if I keep the radiator full of water, I should be fine picking up the kids he said. Well.....I didn't even make it half way to our church and the Jeep was smoking/overheating. I pull into this rinky dink, small town garage and asked for some water. When we popped the hood, it looked like something that was rusty brown exploded all over my engine. It was a mess. When he opened the radiator, it looked like it was full of curdled yellow mustard mud. It was so gross. The owner came out and starting pouring water into the radiator for me. It just came right out the bottom. He confirmed it was my water pump. He also said that it looked like someone had poured stop leak gunk into the radiator. NOW......we had just bought this Jeep used in July & have had NO work done to the radiator. Never opened it, in fact. Stop leak gunk is meant to be used for short term, not for months and months. So had the previous owner TOLD us about this, we could have fixed "it" before it busted my water pump.
I turned my head away with tears in my eyes and said "Lord, please help me."
When I looked back at the owner/mechanic, he asked where my kids go to dayschool, and I told him First Baptist Church, and he said, "that's where I go". (Thank you Lord.) He then immediately called his mom to have his younger sister come pick me and my car seats up to take me wherever I needed to go. I then called the church to get ahold of the dayschool director to let her know what was going on, and the church administrator got on the phone & found out that the mechanic's dad teaches Sunday School at our church, and said that they would bring my kids to me.......over at where my husband parks his van in the mornings for the car pool.
Our van is also needing work. The new serpantine belt is probably stretched because it's making a LOT of noise, and the engine stinks horribly of a burnt rubber smell.
God's fingers have touched blessings all over this terrible situation today.
SO......since I will have my husband's van in the morning, I can have "our guy" that fixes our cars, look at our van to see what needs to be done, while we're waiting for the Jeep to be towed to him. Blessing #1. Van looked at & "maybe" fixed tomorrow, instead of having to call and schedule an appointment, and risk something more major happening in the meantime. (Thank you Jesus.)
Blessing #2. The water pump broke while at my house instead of me driving down the highway or at some store or something. (Thank you Jesus.)
Blessing #3. I was able to get to a garage to have it [quickly] assessed -- by a fellow church member. (Thank you Jesus)
Blessing #4. His sister came to take me to my husband's van. (Thank you Jesus.)
Blessing #5. The dayschool director & church administrator delivered my children to me. (Thank you Jesus.)
Blessing #6. My older children were understanding that there may not be any Christmas presents under the tree this year, AT Christmastime, due to the issues with both cars, but that we'll make it up to them in the spring. (Thank you Jesus.)
So that is my "treasure" for the day today. Being able to see all the blessings from God admist the yuckiness. Thank you Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment