
This week I am especially thankful for my best friend Tammy and her husband Pat. She has been there through thick and thin, especially after our horrific car accident. She was the one that bought me a new blue jean jacket when I was upset that they had cut my other one off of me. She was the one that talked Pat into coming to visit me in the hospital, instead of going out to celebrate their anniversary, just so she could see me try to take my first step to learn how to walk again.
She was the one that would bake me lasagna for my birthday because I didn't know how. She was the one that took the boys, bought them new clothes and had their pictures professionally taken for Christmas the year of the accident, because I wasn't able to. She was the one that was the first to introduce my [then] 3yr old (now 17) to pop - full strength - when she was babysitting for me, because she thought he was deprived at 3yrs of age and not have had that experience of fizz yet. She was the one that talked her husband into grilling out in the middle of winter (& LOTS of snow) for me because it was a special day. And he did it, because he's that special too. And so much more specialness amongst them and what she has done.
Even with us living 1000 miles apart, she is still my best friend, and we always pick up at the drop of a hat where we left off last time when we saw each other. The years and miles just melt away. (Though the years on her never get added on in the first place.)
They are now experiencing their first grandchild. I am so happy for them, for her. I am so thankful for her and all the years of friendship and love that we have shared. I am truly blessed to be able to call her friend. I miss seeing her everyday, but I am thankful, and ever so grateful. I miss you bunches Tammy. Thank you for the 16+ years so far.
1 comment:
Its so wonderful to have friends like that. Good to know a friendship can survive the distance. I have a close friend moving next year :(
Post a Comment